NHHS Health Alert - COVID-19 Pandemic, Update # 58 Paxlovid and Molnupiravir Distribution
On March 10, 2022, NH DHHS issued a health alert regarding Paxlovid and Molnupiravir Distribution
Key Points and Recommendations:
- Providers should continue to refer to the NIH and IDSA treatment guidelines for decisions regarding the multiple outpatient therapies available to treat patients with COVID-19.
- The two oral antiviral medications Paxlovid and molnupiravir are now being allocated to certain commercial pharmacies in New Hampshire, and are available through routine prescribing.
- Molnupiravir can currently be prescribed through certain Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid pharmacies.
- Paxlovid will be available at Walgreens pharmacy locations over the next two weeks (Table 1 below).
- The federal COVID-19 Test to Treat program is also allocating Paxlovid and molnupiravir to certain CVS Minute Clinic locations starting this week (Table 2 below).
- As allocations increase, distribution will expand to other pharmacy locations. Providers should check the federal Health and Human Services (HHS) COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator for availability of therapeutics by location.
- Providers who are prescribing Paxlovid and Molnupiravir must be familiar with prescribing requirements and review the following:
- For more information, review the previous HAN communications: