Many diverse online resources for managing chronic pain with opioids
Back to NH Opioid Resource
- Links to further tools, articles and information
Clinical Pain and Opioid Management Resources
- www.opioidrisk.com A NIDA (National Institutes on Drug Abuse) funded website with extensive tools and guidelines as well as available accredited CME activities with contributions from diverse experts in the field.
- www.opioidprescribing.com A SAMHSA and Mass Board of Medicine funded online CME opportunity by clinicians from Boston University School of Medicine.
- www.dopl.utah.gov/licensing/forms/OpioidGuidlines.pdf Utah State opioid prescribing guidelines for healthcare providers which includes not only excellent guidelines, but an extensive range of tools for managing opioid therapy of pain. A new and exceptionally good resource.
- www.painknowledge.org Tools, resources, articles, and guidelines gathered by a recognized panel of pain experts in pain.
- www.pain-topics.org Extensive information and resources from scientific literature to clinical practice management tools.
- www.painedu.org Leaders in development of opioid risk management tools including SOAPP and COMM among others.
- www.emergingsolutionsinpain.org Tools and educational opportunities related to opioid therapy of pain.
Legal and Policy Resources related to Opioid Prescribing for Pain
- Pain and Policy Studies Group http://www.painpolicy.wisc.edu/ Premier source of information on state, national and international policies related to pain and opioid issues.
- Center for Legal Access and Abuse Deterrence – CLAAD www.CLAAD.org An interdisciplinary think tank that develops and updates broad national and regional strategies to maintain opioid availability for therapeutic purposes while reducing prescription opioid misuse.
Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Information